Amsterdam, the center of partying for Europeans, may not be on top of your list, when you go for a holiday in Easter with kids! However, there are so many things to discover with them in this beautiful city, even without partying, beleive me:)
Our list for 4 days, prepared by Cenk and Hande who’s living there for sometime now, was something like this..
1. Discover the canals, with boat tours or just walk around..
2. Discover the neighbourhood of Joordan with small shops, cafes, and even organic supermarkets or eat a delicious burger at Thrill grill
3. Visit one of the markets, such as Noordermarkt on a Saturday morning to find-out organic products!
4. Visit the museums, like the famous Van Gogh, Rijksmuseum, Nemo Science Museum, the Anne Frank House or less unknown like the eye-glasses or cheese! Book your tickets on-line before or buy from some Office boxes around the city.. You might en-up waiting 1.5hrs to see Van Gogh!
5. Walk around the Tulip garden, Keukenhof, breathe…
6. Have a fine dining in one of the great restaurants, our friends made a perfect choice, Greetje
7. See the village with old windmills and houses, in Zaanse Schans and see that not much changed over the years (photo collage of today and a painting from van Gogh)
Or just enjoy the sun and easiness near the canals and have a mint tea with apple-pie!
Of course taste the many different delicious cheeses and drink a hot chocolate to balance:)
Simply enjoy this picturesque city and its peaceful cafes, canals, streets…Don’t go to shopping areas or busy squares if you want to stay relaxed!!
And enjoy the fact that some cities stay the same or even get better over the years!
Amazed by the 4 level bicycle-park and the number of bikes in the city!!
My boys, age 9 and 6, enjoyed the museums, especially Nemo of course, hamburger eaten at Thrill Grill and the boat tour on the canal, the most! And there are still things we could not have time to do so we will definately go back!